Your dining room table is like an empty room waiting to be decorated with style and taste.
- The tablecloth is the backdrop. I prefer a solid damask instead of a busy print. Food is more appealing against a solid.
- Your dishes are the main pieces of “furniture”. Every piece does not have to match. Mixing patterns will create more interest. If you are fortunate to have some heirloom pieces, now is the time to use them. Treasures from the past have a story to tell.
- The centerpiece is the focal point so it should set the theme and have all of the colors of your decorating scheme.
- Napkins and candles are the accent pieces. Select them in colors that compliment the rest of the table and make it “pop”.
- Have fun with it. Don’t stress if it’s not perfect. Thanksgiving is more about your guests than a perfect table. The food is pretty important too so you had better get cooking!
Take Time To Notice
- Cooking is more fun when everyone helps out
- A beautifully set table makes the food taste better
- The best Thanksgiving treats are a loving family
- Making a gratitude list (just five things) before going to bed will leave you sleeping with a smile
- The smell of the turkey roasting makes your mouth water
Presentation of food, presentation of your home, it’s all the same. Need help decorating? Contact me today, I will guide you in the best decisions to make your house into a home you love.
Please don’t be shy. The “Share” button drops down to all of your favorite social media. Comment below, Pin to your favorite board, Tweet to the world, Post on your Facebook wall, E-mail to a friend, Link, Tumble and Stumble it…..Your friends will love it and so will I!